Whether your Personal Reputation or the Reputation of your Company, it can have a negative effect on you. If a simple Google Search for your name is bringing up negative information, this is a major problem. Closing your eyes and hoping things change, isn’t realistic. You have to take a very active role in defending your reputation online and the stats below will reinforce this for you.
Google doesn’t vet search results, they display the most relevant pages to the search.
1. 65% of Internet users see online search as the most trusted source of information about people and companies
2. 79% of consumers place equal weight on both online reviews and personal recommendations
3. 85% of consumers use the Internet for research before making a purchasing decision
4. 66% of all online harassment occurs on social media websites and apps
5. 70% of U.S. recruiters and hiring managers have rejected candidates based on information found online
6. 63% of consumers need to hear something at least three times before they believe it
8. Of the 75% of U.S. adults who Google themselves, nearly half say the results aren’t positive
9. 81% of Internet users feel “not very” or “not at all secure” using social media sites when they want to share private information with another trusted person or organization
10. 75% of U.S. companies have formal policies requiring recruiters to research job applicants online
Your Reputation can cost you a lot!
Personal reputation is one thing, but imagine being a Plastic Surgeon with negative reviews on Google. This can cost you up to $100,000+ per year depending on the size of your practice.
What about an attorney missing out on those major cases because potential customers are scared off by those 4 yr old reviews that an ex-employee posted when they were terminated from your firm.
How we help?
Our Reputation Experts will start off by assessing the amount of work that needs to be done. The damage already done in the search engines and the difficulty involved in controlling the 1st Page of Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Regardless if you have a few negative pages or a lot, we can help.